The AS/EN 9100 series of standards are designed specifically for the aerospace industry to ensure the highest quality standards are met globally in all parts of the supply chain.
What is AS/EN 9100 AMS ?
AS 9100 is the US version of a globally harmonised quality management system standard developed by the International Aerospace Quality Group for aerospace industries. AS 9100 is based on the international Quality Management System (QMS) standard, ISO 9001 with additions and interpretations specifically caters for the aviation space and defence industry sectors. It supplements ISO 9001 by focusing on the unique, complex, and highly regulated nature of the aerospace industry.
Specifically, it emphasises the critical aspects of key characteristics and the need to satisfy internal, governmental and regulatory requirements. AS 9100 has some associated standards, including 9110 which is designed for repair and overhaul organisations and 9120 which is designed for distributor stockholders. The International Aerospace Quality Group (IAQG) publishes these standards.
Type of Certification
- AS 9100 – For organizations who design and manufacture products for the aerospace industry including parts, components and assemblies.
- AS 9110 – For repair stations and is based on AS 9100 but adds specific requirements that are critical for the maintenance of commercial, private, and military aircrafts.
- AS 9120 – For stockists and distributors of parts to manufacturers that supply the aerospace industry. This standard addresses the chain of custody, traceability, stock control and availability of records.
- Reduce the risk of product or service mistakes and fatal failures
- Improve operational functions and cost reduction
- Improved audit and surveillance efficiency
- Provide competitive edge by being a preferred supplier and gain stakeholders trust
- Able to achieve verification consistency and streamlined documentation
We help companies and organizations that are seeking to achieve certification standards such as ISO 9001, ISO 14000 and more through our comprehensive implementation model that includes tools and onsite training.